Health Benefits Navigator
The Health Benefits Program Navigator assigned to WorkLife’s Health Benefits Navigation (HBN) program will oversee daily program operations and related services. The HBN Navigator will be responsible for delivering consistent, high-quality service to clients and high levels of awareness and utilization of the program services among employer members. The navigator will ensure that the program thrives through impactful, personalized support to clients seeking assistance in understanding and navigating health insurance options, overcoming medical debt, and getting the medical care they need. The navigator will proactively share information across the organization to better understand the specific challenges clients face in accessing and using health benefits and advance the organization’s mission.
Brave • Cultivating Potential • Calm Resilience • Connection • Enthusiastically Entrepreneurial • Data Storytellers
- Demonstrated experience handling client’s requests and addressing potential obstacles by being proactive, resourceful, and employing excellent verbal and written communication skills. This is to include the ability to communicate complex or technical information concepts succinctly to non-technical audiences.
- Analytical: Ability to understand and synthesize complex data to fulfill individual, team and organizational goals
- Ability to negotiate suitable solutions on behalf of others.
- Demonstrated understanding of all Federal and State confidentiality laws (HIPPA) and the best practices for managing protected health information.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, staff, and community leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a fast-paced environment and shifting gears quickly to accommodate change
- Ability to embrace new approaches to service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and professionally manage personal workflow and time
- Demonstrate a mature self and social awareness that includes a conscious knowledge of own strengths and limitations, an understanding of both social and ethical norms
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and cultural humility
- Fundamental ability to understand, accept, and work with diverse people who experience barriers to a successful work/life balance
- Participate in and uphold the values and processes devoted to continuous quality improvement in all WorkLife Partnership operations
- Resource Navigation
Work one-on-one with individuals in need of assistance navigating health insurance benefits, medical claims and bills, and other related matters.
- Resource Cultivation
Seeking, locating, tending to, and nurturing relationships with community resources within geographic regions that may be in a different area of the country from where you are located. Searching for statewide and national resources that serve the needs of individual clients. Participants in continuing learning to improve in the job and in relationship-building.
- Employer Engagement
Serve as a liaison to Human Resource teams in supporting workforce health benefits questions/concerns, actively participate in launching new employer members and proactively engage with HR teams/stakeholders to increase awareness of and utilization of the HBN program. As available, the HBN Navigator will also participate and/or support employer members during open enrollment and other engagement events.
- HBN Liaison
Liaise with insurance providers, collection agencies, health care providers, and legal entities on behalf of clients to produce quality outcomes for WLP clients and serve as an ambassador for the HBN program.
- Data Collecting and Reporting
Collect and accurately enter data on service deliveries through a Salesforce database platform. Be accountable to the quality of the data captured and understand how it is used in program delivery, management, and evaluation.
- Health Benefits Fluency
Possess a deep understanding of employer culture, employee benefits, workplace and industry concerns, and community needs. Contribute to staff discussions around employer interactions and recommendations. This includes maintaining expertise of an evolving healthcare/benefits landscape (both federal and state programs); share expertise across the organization.
- Technology Inclined
Be receptive to using WLP’s rapidly changing technology to reach annual organizational goals, improve efficiency, increase capacity, and improve processes.
- Strategic Planning
Understand and oversee program potential and actual outputs, outcomes, and impact. Manage projects including grant implementation, spend downs, and monitoring and reporting on deliverables.
- A minimum of three years experience/training in health insurance/benefits
- Demonstrated experience in the listed competencies
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
WorkLife Partnership values the lived and learned experience of all candidates and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage qualified candidates with all different experiences and backgrounds to apply.
- Wages start at $55,000-$60,000 annually, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Full time (Monday-Friday) with flexibility outside of regular work hours
- Travel: This position will require periodic travel to Denver, CO.
- Generous paid time off and sick leave policy
- Health care, dental, vision and life insurance, covered at 90% of premiums for the employee
- Short-term disability group options
- 401k (after one year with up to a 4% match). Fully vested, once eligible.
- Mileage and expense reimbursements
- Commitment to staff to strive to be an employer of choice by exceptional salary compensation, professional development, and career pathways for employees
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required upon start. To be considered for this opportunity please submit Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by Tuesday, November 30.