Manager, Resource Navigator Workforce
Does leading and inspiring a team excite you? Do you have impeccable manager habits? Then we’re hoping to connect.
WorkLife Partnership is looking for an exceptional and enthusiastic Team Manager to oversee our rapidly expanding Resource Navigator team. Our Navigators are at the core of our work and successful recruitment and retention of this team is critical to our organizational success. We’re seeking an experienced and talented people manager to coach, lead and inspire this team.
Our Resource Navigator service is expanding nationally and we anticipate accelerating the pace of recruiting and hiring Navigators over the next 18 months. Therefore, we’re looking for a candidate who is agile and able to recruit and manage larger, more dispersed teams. The ideal candidate will have a talent for coaching the best from others and experience successfully managing remote team members.
The Navigator Team Manager will have direct supervisory responsibility for a team of between 8-15 Navigators who provide personalized, one-on-one support and assistance to lower wage workers. The Manager will offer leadership to assigned team members and oversee delivery of high quality services to our clients. The Manager will share responsibility for ensuring program success and sustainability with program leadership and executive team members.
- Manage recruitment, hiring and retention of program staff
- Oversee execution of onboarding, orientation and continuous development of staff
- Performance management of assigned staff including weekly check ins, team meetings and quarterly performance reviews
- Manage capacity, seek ways to simplify and create efficiencies
- Manage team performance to meet/exceed program outcome, output and impact standards
- Develop a recruitment pipeline; seek alliances and partnerships that enable us to find and hire qualified Navigators
- Create/oversee departmental budgets
- Act as an internal leader; uphold organizational core values and support the culture
- Lead and empower a collaborative, accountable and productive team; provide consistent and constructive motivation and feedback
- Grant management/oversight
- Assist team members with time management and balancing workload
- Monitor data entry and case notes to ensure timeliness and accuracy; ensure compliance with systems and processes
- Work across teams to respond to, resolve and/or escalate issues that arise with service provision
- Provide perspective and insight into ongoing program development
- Oversee supportive service fund distribution, including participation in ongoing fundraising activities
- Communicate organizational policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure they are consistently practiced
- 5+ years of experience with staff management and supervisory roles; able to coach, lead and inspire a diverse team with sensitivity and awareness including familiarity and comfort with HR and performance management
- 2+ years managing teams of more than 6 people, ideally in a social services setting
- Minimum of a BA, BS in Social Science, Business or related field
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build a recruitment pipeline
- Effective time management and prioritization skills; an ability to work in higher pressure situations periodically
- Technological interest and aptitude including experience with management reporting tools, human service databases, and up-to-date business software & tools; Salesforce experience preferred
- Fluency in employee performance management including developing employee performance plans, correction action policies and following human resource protocols
- Willingness and acceptance to “fail forward”, learn from mistakes and share what you’ve learned with your peers
- Personal commitment to integrity and credibility; a passion for WorkLife’s mission
Preferred Skills, Experience & Qualities
- Experience managing a remote workforce/team strongly preferred
- Understanding of basic non-profit financial management & budgeting
- Direct human service experience (e.g. case management, career counseling, financial coaching, etc.)
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative data in program management and evaluation and to deliver data-informed insights to the organization
- Familiarity or experience with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please tell us:
- Why are you a good people manager?
- What do you think is your greatest manager habit?
Competitive salary range commensurate with skills & experience. Benefits include:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- 401k (after one year)
- Semi-flexible schedule
- Central Denver location
About WorkLife Partnership
WorkLife Partnership, founded in 2009, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating socially sustainable communities and thriving workplaces in Colorado. WorkLife deploys its Resource Navigator services inside of business to minimize work disruptions, decrease absenteeism, improve workers’ financial stability, and ultimately increase employee retention and engagement by offering personalized, immediate, one-on-one assistance when workers need it most. The Resource Navigator plays an integral role in deploying the model as they are responsible for supporting employees during times of temporary crisis to support them in maintaining employment. We are the only organization doing this work in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region and we’re rapidly expanding nationally.
Our Core Values
Brave • Cultivating Potential • Calm Resilience • Enthusiastically Entrepreneurial • Data Storytellers • Connection