WorkLife Operations Assistant
WorkLife is seeking an adaptable, flexible administrative professional looking to apply their experience and skills to the various operational needs that arise with our lean, growing organization. The job entails performing various office duties with little supervision, being a self-starter, willingness to step in and help our managers and leadership with little direction, within a fast-paced environment.
This position will support both WorkLife Partnership and WorkLab Innovations. WorkLife Partnership, founded in 2009, utilizes the Sustainable Workforce Model to partner with employers to help stabilize and retain their workers who face challenges to job retention and success. In 2016, WorkLab Innovations was formed as a national nonprofit to support the advancement, dissemination and growth of the Sustainable Workforce Model.
The position will be supervised by our Operations Manager.
- Taking notes and meeting-minutes
- Organizing e-files; categorizing and correcting e-document issues
- Vendor and project pricing, obtaining proposals, helping to compare costs, and procurement of goods
- Helping with travel arrangements
- Assisting with payroll, company expenses, and employee reimbursements
- Routine office tidying- watering plants, refilling products, refilling water cooler, arranging meeting space for meetings, organizing storage room, etc.
- Answering phones in a professional manner
- Assisting with scheduling and meeting prep; setting up audio/visual for meetings
- Event coordination – coordinating food, space and training vendors, having an eye for aesthetic details and creating memorable, well-executed experiences with a limited budget
- Ensuring personnel files are up to date- obtaining licenses and insurance documents from staff
- Managing WorkLab membership tasks, including new member set-up in various channels
- Maintaining various WorkLab network spreadsheets
- Content support for member Hub site
- Tracking action items from various projects and ongoing WorkLab member calls, and assisting with follow-up tasks
- Supporting data maintenance and analysis
- Formatting and compiling documents
- Helping maintain CRM system (contacts, organizations, notes)
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; effectively cope with change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solver, resourceful
- Ability to work with all ‘levels’ within the organization
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and manager requests
- Industrious- gets the job done, makes productive use of time, finds the ‘smarter, better’ way of doing things
- Active Learning – understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-makingAbility to quickly learn new technology
- Attention to detail
- College degree preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Valid drivers’ license, as errands around the city might be requested of you (travel completed on behalf of organization will be reimbursed)
- $18.27 per hour
- Full time – Monday through Friday
- Benefits Included
- Generous time off policy
- We offer a supportive and enthusiastic environment for learning and professional growth
Send resume and cover letter to Kelli Christian, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.