The Vice President, Enterprise Relationships will hold full accountability for WorkLife’s Employer Engagement strategies both regionally in Colorado and, as WorkLife expands its impact via WorkLab Innovations, across the country. In this capacity the VP, Enterprise Relationships will have organizational leadership (exceptional management and impeccable communication among cross-functional teams) and strong management abilities. The VP, Enterprise Relationships will maintain and grow WorkLife’s revenue through excellent customer service and membership retention. Additionally, the VP Enterprise Relationships will be expected to contribute to both Colorado and national business development efforts.
Using insights gathered from team members, businesses and experts, the VP, Enterprise Relationships will be essential in codifying best practices around ’what makes employers excited about our services’ and ‘what makes them to continue to invest’ so that the organization can move rapidly and effectively in scaling its core service, Resource Navigation across the country.
This position will have oversight of organizational communications and impact efforts, providing executive level direction to marketing/communications and program evaluation. Being comfortable with databases, data sheets, and analyzing reports is a weekly management activity and must be led by the VP, Business Services. While much of these efforts are directed at the organization’s employer engagement activities and efforts, the VP, Enterprise Relationships must recognize how communications, marketing and impact contribute to other organizational efforts including fundraising, program management and advocacy.
As WorkLife Partnership expands nationally it anticipates opening WorkLifeX (remote) sites in regions and markets across the country. The VP Enterprise Relationships will have responsibility for ensuring alignment of this expansion with employer contracts, contributing to the sustainability of remote sites.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Maintains Revenue. Drives employer member retention strategy per WorkLife’s fee-for-service contracts; supports customer success manager team with membership contract renewals (includes negotiations)
- Accountable for all of WorkLife’s National Employer Engagement Services, providing leadership, strategic planning, execution of strategies, and compelling client value in the areas of Client Services, Onboarding, Account Management and Customer Satisfaction & Retention.
- Owns all WorkLife employer relationships
- Utilizes and knowledgeable about using different methods to attract long-term membership; knows how to launch and track them for mutual benefit
- Leadership, management, and accountability for a vital, growing, revenue-generating department to include national and regional Customer Success Managers, Communications and Impact (includes conducting regular meetings to review employer activity, needs and performance; ensure team is executing against short and long term goals; oversees weekly pulse meetings for entire business service team)
- Collaborates with Sr. Director of Programs (TBD) to drive technology strategy toward positive cost/benefit service delivery; ensures department’s ability to align with tech strategies
- Drives business development and retention data strategy; ensures our technology and databases provide value to the organization
- Leads impact strategy by supporting cross-functional data and impact staff and stakeholder needs
- Works in conjunction with VP, WorkLab Innovations to resolve service delivery issues, ensuring we maintain the business we want
- Directs/manages philanthropic funding as it intersects with employer investments
- Attends/participates in relevant national events, advancing WorkLife and WorkLab’s mission and vision and professionally representing our fee-for-service model
- Works closely with Sr. Director of Programs to balance staff capacity with incoming new business so as we never ‘over promise’ and ‘under deliver’
Employer Membership Engagement
- Responsible for managing, planning, and directing customer (employer members) service strategies regionally in Colorado, across expanding WorkLife remote sites, and among WorkLab Operating Members.
- Collaborates with Director of Engagement Services to determine scope of work in proposals i.e. price optimization
- Participates in sales meetings when needed to support the close (supporting scope, implementation, and service delivery discussions)
- Collaborates with executive leadership and Director of Engagement Services to execute on scale strategy including development of WLX markets, and national approach
- Collaborates with Director of Engagement Services to nurture employer relationships in service of organizational mission (e.g. expansion as a means to normalize post-employment supports)
- Support employers in advocating/promoting the Resource Navigation Service organization-wide via WorkLife’s employer and outreach communication strategies
- Captures employer market trends to inform WorkLab’s product and service development; communicates these consistently to VP, WorkLab Innovations
Competencies, Qualities and Traits
- Must be able to make informed, independent and defendable decisions on behalf of the organization
- Professional and polished presentation
- At least 5-8 years in B2B client relationship management, preferably in a field related to human resources, employee benefits
- Experience and fluency with CRM database; understands how to use CRM tools to support exceptional relationship management (Salesforce experience highly desirable)
- Strong analytic skills
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills (e.g. people management)
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with business development/sales team
- Prior experience in people management, ideally in overseeing customer success management
- Believes in “under promising” and “over delivering”
- Exhibits high follow through in all endeavors
- Understand enterprise performance management opportunities and challenges
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization from front line worker to C-level executive
- Flexible and resilient; aligns with WorkLife core values
- Experience effectively managing consultants and vendors to the benefit of the organization
- Understands the HR executive landscape; maintains executive level understanding of national workforce challenges, in particular those facing front line workers
- Experience implementing and measuring successful partnerships/relationships
- Location: Denver, CO; Colorado and national travel 20-25%
- Salary Range: Competitive pay and benefits
- Term: Full Time, Benefits Included
- Apply to Cindy Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Please let us know what interests you in workforce development and, more specifically, our approach to worker wellness and engagement.
About WorkLife Partnership
WorkLife Partnership, founded in 2009, utilizes its Resource Navigation Service Model to partner with employers to help stabilize and retain their workers who face challenges to job retention and success. We are the only organization doing this work in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region and we’re excited to be expanding nationally. Our core values are:
- Data Storytelling
- Cultivating Potential
- Enthusiastically Entrepreneurial
- Calm Resilience